Monday, June 8, 2009

First intro to proselyting

Hola Everyone,
Today I had my first chance to see what missionaries actually do on a daily basis. I went to an appointment with the sister missionaries and let me say I am thoroughly amazed that they were able to do so well in the situation we were faced with. The guy lives in a run down apartment complex and didn't have much. He is part of a part member family and rather skeptical of the church to the point of making fun of the sisters. I could tell there was curiosity but from my view he didn't seem interested. The sisters weren't about to give up. I was amazed how bold they were and didn't let him get away with anything. I have been told that being bold is good but personally I don't know if I, myself could have had the guts to do what they did. I suppose I'll have to learn pretty quick but all I can say is the Lord's work must be done and if these sisters can stand up and declare the truthfulness of the gospel to a man who smells like smoke and doesn't have much of anything going for him then certainly I can at least share my testimony with my friends and others I come in contact with. The experience didn't yield as much success the first go round but I believe that given time this man's heart might be softened and he will honestly want to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment